Sunday, May 3, 2009

COEN BRO's?!?!


So like, yeah. The Coen brother movies we've just watched are probably the best movies we've watched all year. My favorite part of them is the subtle humor (I guess sometimes its not so subtle) that the Coen brothers put in. The only movies that have rivaled these are probably the Kurosawa movies (I really liked Yojimbo and Ran).

Some of my favorite aspects, along with the humor, are the awesome stories that the Coen brothers write. I really like how they take part in every aspect of movie making, from directing and producing, writing the scripts and even the editing. Out of the three, I think Fargo was my favorite. I didn't laugh as often as in Raising Arizonam, but I sure did snicker often whenever I heard the way over the top and cheesy Minnesota accents. Those were awesome. I almost want to just start talking like that just because it sounds funny. Oh, and Fargo had the weird asian guy that was really lonely. He was a somewhat randomly looking addition to the movie but it was really funny. It all adds up to an awesome movie enjoying experience, I look forward to seeing future Coen brother movies as well as their previous ones I have not yet watched.

No comments: