Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pie is incredibly good. The cake is a lie.


Hi. I'm just gonna share some of my thoughts about what is going on in the movie we are currently watching, Out of the Past.

So far, it has been an interesting movie. It certainly lives up to its film noir genre classification, with its extensive use of smoking, shadows, and a partly urban environment. Though, I was at one point a bit confused when the really long flashback was occurring, I didn't realize it was a flashback at first. I guess I must of phased out or went brain dead for a moment when that was being established, though it does make sense now since they had that voice over narration during it. I like the fast paced, responding with a question style dialogue that is heavily featured, its a bit different than what I am used to and I like it. I am also a bit confused about the relationship between the secretary and Jeff, because when they first met it seemed like they did not know each other at all, yet a little bit later on they acted as though they had known each other for a while.

Overall, my first impressions of the movie are good and I look forward to see what happens next.

4 comments:

Andeh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andeh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andeh said...

True dat. I conquer with almost everything you said thar except I didn't get confused about the flashback; that part was relatively obvious? Anyway, I was extremely confused about why/how the secretary and Jeff knew each other (or seemed to at least) after awhile but showed no signs of a previous relationship when they 'first met', or whatever you call it.
I'm really likin' the whole detective perspective, too, as I don't think I've really seen very many (if any) detective-esque movies in the past.

Jared said...

Yeah, I was confused by how much the secretary and Jeff seemed to know each other too, but then Mr. Klob's clarified that it was actually Kathie so I wasn't confused anymore. you must not of been paying attention when he said that; that part was relatively obvious? or whatever you call it.